We are often asked, “Why would a baby or child need acupuncture or massage?”
The reality is they are just like you and I, only smaller. And like us, children experience stress every day.
Whether caused by a perfectionist temperament, bullying at school, trauma, fighting in the family home, a death in the family, physical strains due to sports, or an over-busy schedule, stress affects children of all ages.
The good news is that we can help.
Our practitioners lovingly use acupuncture/acupressure, tuning forks, massage therapy, craniosacral therapy and meditation to:
– teach your child important relaxation tools
– decrease violent or aggressive behaviours
– decrease stress, anxiety, insomnia, bedwetting
– improve immune function & digestive function, including colic in babies
– promote concentration during the day and better sleep at night
– provide treatment & tools in cases of ADHD, sensory processing disorder, and other conditions
– promote improved breastfeeding
At Ripple Effect, we work with children of all ages (even babies!)
Most children respond so quickly to bodywork that appointments need not be long nor frequent.
Usually a 30 minute treatment is more than enough, although grade school children aged 10+ up may benefit from 45-60 minute treatments.
We receive many referrals from midwives, doulas and even family doctors! Call us today to see how we can help your child be healthy.